Our Links Page
"People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you. Be honest and frank anyway.
What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight. Build anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough.
Give the world the best you've got anyway.
You see, in the end, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway."
To Let Go
- ...does not mean to stop caring, it means I can't do it for someone else.
- ...is not to cut myself off, it's the realization I can't control another.
- ...is not to enable, but to allow learning from natural consequences.
- ...is to admit powerlessness, which means the outcome is not in my hands.
- ...is not to try to change or blame another, it's to make the most of myself.
- ...is not to care for, but to care about.
- ...is not to fix, but to be supportive.
- ...is not to judge, but to allow another to be a human being.
- ...is not to be in the middle arranging all the outcomes, but to allow others to effect their destinies.
- ...is not to be protective, it's to permit another to face reality.
- ...is not to deny, but to accept.
- ...is not to nag, scold, or argue, but instead to search out my own shortcomings and correct them.
- ...is not to adjust everything to my desires, but to take each day as it comes, and cherish myself in it.
- ...is not to criticize and regulate anybody, but to try to become what I dream I can be.
- ...is not to regret the past, but to grow and live for the future.
- ...is to fear less, and love more.
As of Friday, October 19th, 2018 at 1:43 PM, we have beenThis page has been viewed 9764 times.
happily married for 13 years, 33 weeks, 5 days, 6 hours and 12 minutes!